Subscriber agrees that the Supplier may terminate, without refund, Subscriber’s service for any violation of the Supplier’s Acceptable Usage Policy located at “Customer Location”.
For purposes of the Prohibited Activities, the term “information” means material of any type capable of being posted or transmitted on or through the Provider Internet Access Service, including material in print, graphic or pictorial form. When using the Provider Internet Access Service:
1. Defamation. You agree not to post or transmit any information in violation of any applicable law.
2. Fraud. You agree not to post or transmit any fraudulent information on or through the Provider Internet Access Service. This mean any information that you know or have reason to know is false, and that you intend for others to rely on.
3. False advertising. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the Provider Internet Access Service any advertising or promotional materials that contain false, deceptive or misleading statements, claims or representations.
4. Unsolicited advertising. You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation to other Subscribers, individuals or entities, except in those areas (e.g., the classified areas) that are designated for such a purpose.
5. Copyright violations. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the Provider Internet Access Service any information that infringes another person’s or entity’s copyright in all or any part of the information.
6. Trademark, service mark and trade dress violations. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the Provider Internet Access Service any information that infringes another person’s rights in its trademark, trade dress or service mark.
Trade secret violations.
7. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the Provider Internet Access Service any information that reveals trade secrets belonging to another person, business, service or other entity.
8. Obscenity. You agree not to post or transmit any obscene or sexually explicit images or other content on or through the Provider Internet Access Service.
Harassment, threats and abuse.
9. You agree not to use the Provider Internet Access Service to harass, threaten, abuse, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any person or entity, by any means, including the use of vulgar, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable information.
10. False pretenses. You agree to not use the Provider Internet Access Service to impersonate any person, including but not limited to, a Provider official or an information provider, guide, or host or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use in all forms of Online communication, including, but not limited to, screen names, subscriber profiles, chat dialogue and message posting.
11. Chain letters. You agree to not post or transmit chain letters, or letters or messages that offer a product or service based on the structure of a chain letter, on or through the Provider Internet Access Service.
12. Inappropriate content. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the Provider Internet Access Service information that is patently inappropriate material, e.g., information or topics not related to the topics focused on by the participants in a particular newsgroup or mailing list.
13. Disruptive activities. You agree not to use the Provider Internet Access Service to disrupt the normal flow of Online dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Subscribers, users, individuals or entities.
14. Violations of Service Provider’s rules. You agree to not use the Provider Internet Access Service to violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other Online service provider or interactive service.
15. Multiple access. You agree that this Agreement is not transferable. You agree not to simultaneously access the Provider Internet Access Service for more than one session at any time.
16. Abuse of Provider’s procedures. You agree not to make false or unverified complaints against any Provider subscriber, or otherwise abuse any of Provider’s Complaint Response Procedures.
17. Systems abuse. You agree not to abuse the system by causing any harm to the system so that it inhibits other user’s ability to effectively use the system.
18. SPAM. Post or cross-post, regardless of content, of the same message to twenty or more newsgroups.
19. post, transmit, distribute or disseminate content which is unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any municipal, provincial, federal or international law, order or regulation;
20. disrupt the Supplier’s network, or the nodes or services thereof, or, directly or indirectly, use the Services to restrict, inhibit or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the use of the products or services of the Supplier or the Internet, including, without limitation, knowingly posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a virus, lock, key, bomb, worm, cancelbot, Trojan horse or other harmful, debilitating or disruptive feature or engage in unauthorized linking or framing; unless permitted by the Agreement, make, directly or indirectly, any of the products or services received from the Supplier available to any third party.
The Customer shall not permit any third party to gain access to the termination equipment of either the Supplier or the Customer for the purpose of obtaining access to the Supplier’s network for the purpose of obtaining any of the products or services of the Supplier, whether directly or indirectly; make unauthorized attempts to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to the Customer (i.e. engage in “spoofing”) or otherwise gain unauthorized access to, alter or destroy any information of another person by any means or device;
21. engage in any activities that deny or disrupt service to any customer or end-user of the Supplier;
22. use any of the Services contrary to the decisions, orders, policies or other requirements of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunication Commission or other regulatory bodies with jurisdiction over the Services.
23. Subscriber shall not use NETFOX Services to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other online information services competitive with NETFOX Services reserves the right to remove or edit messages or material submitted by Subscriber.
24. Any activity that violates federal, provincial, state or local law. Any activity which is a violation of any federal, provincial, state, local law or ordinance, or any regulation of any governmental administrative agency.
Services that are installed into residential locations are governed by our normal use policy which is listed in this section.
In the event of disproportionately high usage of Netfox’s network resources by The Customer, NETFOX may levy usage surcharges outlined in the table below per billing period. At the discretion of Netfox this may be is in addition to traffic shaping to reduce the effective available bandwidth provided to a residential customer who uses in excess of the transfer limits in the table below in any billing cycle.
If a business service is required one can be provided to you that would allow you to sustain continued excessive use.
Netfox Communications considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its service. Therefore, Netfox Communications’ terms and conditions of service prohibit these practices. Engaging in one or more of these practices may result in termination or suspension of the offender’s account and/or access to Netfox’s services. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Netfox Communications’ actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. Netfox Communications reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the Netfox Communications service, and levying cancellation charges to cover Netfox Communications’ costs. In addition, Netfox Communications reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
It’s a revolt against the high prices and poor service Canadian internet customers have had to endure for too long! Join the revolution today to see what value, reliability and personal service really looks like!